Garmin Edge 520 Plus GPS Computer
With Edge 520 Plus, you can train smarter and discover new routes. This cycling computer features advanced navigation and challenges built right in, not to mention a bright colour screen, preloaded Strava Live Segments and the Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn directions. Whether you're exploring new routes or pushing your limits at race time, Edge 520 Plus has exactly what you need.
- Features advanced navigation, including new rider alerts and the preloaded Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn directions for on and off road courses
- Preloaded Strava Live Segments let you compete second by second with your previous best or another rider's PR; see real-time results right on your screen
- Stay connected1 with LiveTrack and GroupTrack2, smart notifications, rider-to-rider messaging and built-in Incident
- Monitors cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate sensors
- Tracks Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ power meters
- Battery life: up to 15 hours3
Advanced navigation with Garmin Cycle Map
Edge 520 Plus is preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map and includes turn-by-turn navigation and navigation alerts that notify you of upcoming turns. And, of course, it's smart enough to guide you back to the route — or back to the start — if you deviate from it or decide to head home early.
Here’s Your Competitive Edge
We started with the aerodynamic form factor of the popular Edge 500, added in-ride challenges on Strava live segments, color display, connected capabilities and advanced analysis features. The result — Edge 520, the GPS bike computer that’s right-sized for competitive cyclists and packed with the features you crave.
Prove Your Edge
Edge 520 is the first bike computer that’s compatible with Strava live segments and includes a 3-month trial of Strava Premium. With this membership, your starred Strava segments automatically sync with the 520 for live feedback during your ride. You’ll also get alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings once you complete the segment.
Train on the Edge
Need some motivation to get through those lonely miles on the indoor trainer? Edge 520 delivers with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let’s say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on Edge 520, start pedaling, and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 shows your stats. You can also follow a course that you or another rider created and literally race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting resistance to match the elevation profile.
Pair it with a power meter and Edge 520 offers an additional set of features, like FTP and watts/kg tracking, so you can compare yourself to others, as well as cycling dynamics². A built-in FTP test helps you establish your baseline either on the trainer or on the road. Add heart rate³ and the 520 can derive your VO2 max estimate and post-ride recovery time, which indicates how long before you should attempt another hard effort.
Edge 520 compromises nothing when it comes to display — 2.3 inches of high-resolution color. We maximized the display so you get the most live area in relation to the compact size of the 520. You’ll also appreciate the screen clarity in all lighting conditions.
The Connected Bike
Edge 520 is compatible with ANT+ sensors, including Varia™ bike radar and lights4, speed, cadence, heart rate, Edge and VIRB® remotes and compatible weight scales. It also integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems5 to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 520 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including the Vector series.
When paired with your compatible phone and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone alerts, social media sharing, weather and wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect™, our online community where you can save, plan and share your rides.
Off the Beaten Path
The compact, rugged form factor and 15+ hour battery life of Edge 520 make it ideal for off-road adventures. It’s also compatible with GPS/GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you.
- Physical dimensions: 1.9” x 2.9” x 0.8” (4.9 x 7.3 x 2.1 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.4” x 1.9” (3.5 x 4.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 200 x 265 pixels
- Color display: Yes
- Weight: 2.1 oz (62.5 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 15 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- GPS-enabled: Yes
- GLONASS: Yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone): Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
- Routes: 100
- History: up to 180 hours
- Compatible with Vector™: Yes
- Bike speed/cadence sensor: Yes
- Heart rate monitor: Yes
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): Yes
- Courses (compete against previous activities): Yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): Yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): Yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): Yes
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): Yes
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): Yes
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): Yes
- Heart rate-based calorie computation: Yes
- Customizable screen(s): Yes
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters): Yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride): Yes
- Shock Resistant: Yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): Yes
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): Yes
- Compatible with Varia™ bike radar and lights: yes
- Edge® remote compatibility: yes
- LiveTrack: yes
- Advanced performance and power analysis, including new Time in Zone, FTP tracking, cycling-specific VO2 and recovery and cycling dynamics
- Bike trainer profile for compatible Turbo trainer data display and control
- On-device segment compatibility for dynamic and engaging in-ride competition
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +55°C
- Connected features via a smartphone: yes
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ and Garmin Connect™ Mobile: yes
- Compatible with VIRB® action cameras: yes
- Integration with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting: yes
- Weather alerts: yes
- Preloaded Garmin cycling map: no
- Wi-Fi® compatible: no
- Round-trip routing: no
- Route planner: no
In the box:
- Edge 520 Plus
- Flush out-front mount
- Standard mount
- Charging/data cable